Thursday, November 17, 2016

Lutheran Churches and Schools in Australia and Their Websites

Being an American and a Lutheran, I assumed most schools in Australia with a religious affiliation would not be Lutheran. While it's true that most of the private schools in the country are Catholic, I was surprised to see the number of schools that are indeed Lutheran. When I looked it up, it seems the Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA) is the main Lutheran affiliation. While it was kind of difficult to find actual churches right from the LCA homepage, I could click on the different districts in order to churches in New South Wales, New Zealand, Queensland, South Australia/Northern Territory, Victoria/Tasmania, and Western Australia.

Like Lutheran churches in America that I've dealt with, Lutherans churches in Australia seem to be made up of good people who follow Christ. However, just like American Lutherans, they seem to have non-existent or outdated websites. This will not help draw new members to the churches, and that makes me sad. Therefore, even though I live in Kansas (via Milwaukee, Wisconsin), I am willing to work with Lutheran churches in Australia to help improve their web presence. Schools, too.

I work as a freelance web designer with Luthernet Web Design. It's just me, but I can produce great websites as a Lutheran for Lutherans. I do it as sort of my ministry, as I also get requests from small businesses. I want to make the Internet into the Luthernet, one church at a time, and it seems there are quite a few Lutheran churches in Australia that could use an honest web designer to help.

Churches don't have to fly me in or pay for months of web development. I build websites fast and pretty, basing them off what churches already have. I also make sure they are easy to use and mobile friendly, since most new members will find a new church on a mobile device.

Check out some of my work at Luthernet or Passive Ninja. Churches can also see my creations at Brave New Church Web Design.

Also, if you run a Lutheran school in Australia, then you might want to check out the Cranium Chromebook Cover for your school Chromebooks. Contact me through Educabana for more on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment